About our support for older members of our community and their carers.
We are a non-profit organisation funded by the Department of Health, Commonwealth Home Support Programme to provide social support services to older members of our community and their carers. Our service is managed by a community-based committee, which is elected annually.
The office duties are carried out by a Service Manager, assisted by an Administration Assistant from 9.00 am to 2.30 pm each weekday. Delivery of services is carried out by volunteers on an individual basis.
The services we provide
- Social Support to access community services or facilities
- Companionship to provide social contact
- Shopping accompanied and assisted by a volunteer
- Transport to essential appointments
- Information and Referral to other services if requested
Our services are all provided by caring, friendly volunteers.
Our Mission Statement
‘To support the older members of our community and their carers, to maintain their independence and remain living in their own homes for as long as they feel that they are able.‘